- Premiere in Romania – the first fund with guaranteed capital, set up through stock exchange systems and which is to be accepted for transactions
- Product adjusted to the crisis period: the initial investment is fully guaranteed and the fund offers the possibility to obtain attractive turn-over, depending on the evolution of an coefficient which follows the American stock
- Controlled volatility of the coefficient
- Easy access to the USA stocks for investors, both individuals and corporations
Bucharest, June 22, 2009 OTP Asset Management Romania announces the launch of a new investment fund, designed to open another stage of the Romanian capital market:
- OTP WiseRO, closed investment fund with guaranteed capital, which is to be accepted for transactions on the Bucharest Stock Exchange. The fund has a 3 years maturity and provides the opportunity to collect the performance participation quota every year.
- Under the circumstances of a sensitive economic climate, OTP Asset Management Romania brings on the market a product which meets the requirements of local investors, providing double protection: guaranteed invested capital and controlled volatility of the index that represents the active support of the fund, thus reducing the possible negative effects of certain less favourable fluctuation.
Together with Intercapital Invest, as intermediary/ distributor and OTP Bank Romania, as distributor, OTP Asset Management Romania addresses, through its new product, to investors, both corporations and individuals.
The product can be purchased during a 4 weeks period, starting with June 29, 2009, from any SSIF Intercapital Invest working-point, in any of OTP Bank Romania’s branches in the country, as well as through the Bucharest Stock Exchange systems, using the services of any broker company which wishes to provide the fund distribution. The minimal value of the investment is of only RON 200. No acquisition or redemption commission is taken up and starting with the moment of listing on the Bucharest Stock Exchange, OTP WiseRO becomes transactional on the stock exchange market, both through Intercapital Invest and any other broker company (SSIF) authorized by CNVM.
The fund follows the evolution of an index developed by the WISE US example (which monthly scans the evolution of the S&P500 stock component), designed by Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking and daily calculated by the rating agency Standard&Poor’s.
The product can also be purchased in the form of a savings package, through OTP Bank Romania, which offers the possibility to open a deposit, in RON or EUR, for a maximum amount equal to the one invested, for a 3 months period. The clients benefit from interests values over the market level, up to 15% for RON deposits and up to 6.2% for EUR deposits.
„We are certain that OTP WiseRo will open a new stage in the profile industry, thus meeting the requirements of investors with medium to high degree of sophistication, but with a low risk appetite. By strengthening our role of an active player on the investment funds market, we bring into the investors’ attention a whole new product in Romania, that provides the safety of initial investment and, at the same time, the possibility of an attractive turn-over, even in crisis times”, stated Catalin Iancu, President OTP Asset Management Romania.
“The financial crisis showed us that we need new approaches and solutions on the capital market. We are happy to provide to the investors in Romania, together with our partners from OTP Asset Management, a premiere: the first structured product, which is to be listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange. This event is even more important, as the structured products have a very large history on other developed markets. I truly hope for this initiative to lead to the development of structured products market in Romania as well”, stated Razvan Pasol, President Intercapital Invest.
“I am sure that a favorable answer to the OTP Asset Management offer presented today, will manage to encourage the launch of even more complex financial tools on the stock market, such as closed funds and structured financial products with active support and “benchmark” also coming from stock index developed by the Bucharest Stock Exchange and generate as well more liquidity on the derived financial tools market”, declared Anca Dumitru, General Manager Bucharest Stock Exchange.
OTP Asset Management Romania, member of OTP Group, recorded last year, a dynamic growth regarding the development of products and management of stocks. At the present, OTP Asset Management Romania manages three open investment funds and the first closed fund with guaranteed capital in Romania. The company manages total stocks of more than RON 107 million, thus being placed on the fourth managers on the market. For further details: www.otpfonduri.ro.
Intercapital Invest provides intermediary services on the capital market both for individual clients and corporations and is the largest independent broker company in Romania, considering the value of transactions run on the Bucharest Stock Exchange in 2008. The company intermediated the public selling bonds offer of World Bank on the local market and also participated at the selling of IPO Transgaz, the largest initial public offer in our country. For further information: www.intercapital.ro.
For further information:
OTP Bank Romania: Stefan Urziceanu, PR Coordinator
+4031 308 55 23, firstname.lastname@example.org